Upon taunting with the Equalizer or Escape Plan, the Soldier throws his weapon over his shoulder dramatically, cracks his knuckles, rips a grenade from his bandolier and pulls the pin. The resulting explosion will gib the Soldier and any enemy too slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be within range.
This taunt will destroy any enemy players and buildings that are within approximately six feet of the explosion. The area of effect of this taunt allows the Soldier to kill multiple enemies, including any that are next to or even behind the taunting player. Enemies that inflict damage to the taunting Soldier before the explosion will be credited with a Kamikaze kill.
Performing the Kamikaze taunt with the Lumbricus Lid equipped will cause the "Hallelujah" sound clip from the Worms games to play, as well as a unique kill icon being used, while using the Holy Hand Grenades.
The player takes no self-damage from the taunt when they have the Rocket Jumper equipped, unless they are in Medieval Mode.
- The taunt is recognized as a rocket jump by some achievements. For example, one can earn Death From Above by killing two opponents at once with the taunt.
- The player does not see a Bombinomicon explosion after using the Kamikaze while wearing the Bombinomicon.
- If the Soldier raises the grenade through a low ceiling during detonation, he can survive and possibly do damage to the players above.
- The explosion can kill enemies on the other side of a closed setup gate
- If the Soldier explodes near a Scout who is under the effects of Bonk! Atomic Punch, the game will register that the Soldier has killed the Scout, but the Scout will survive.
- After July 10th patch the taunt will occasionally not deal increased damage under mini-crit buff.
- The Kamikaze (神風, lit. "divine wind") were suicide attacks carried out by Imperial Japan's military aviators against Allied shipping towards the end of the Pacific campaign of World War II, by crashing their planes packed with explosives into Allied warships.
- The grenades on the Soldier's bandolier resemble MK2 hand grenades but with an oversized safety lever and a more blocky body.